Make sure you remember to come on over to the Hooked on Fishing Park this Saturday for our annual Trout Day. This day allows fly fishing anglers to have exclusive rights to the biggest trout in Illinois. We will be fishing from 8:30 to around 2:00. Suggested donation is $40 per adult angler with children 12 and under free when accompanied by an adult. Couple of other items to remember….........
1. All trout fishing will be catch n release
2. All hooks must have their barbs mashed down to insure a proper and timely release
3. All fishing will be done with a fly rod.
4. No food or drinks will be provided. There are eating establishments just minutes away.
5. The park is located right next to Dixon’s Seafood on rt. 116 in East Peoria
6. Upon entering the park, please find me and I can give you the latest scoop on where the fish are and which types of flies are hot.
7. Have Fun
Here are a couple of shots from last year:
I hope to see a big crowd of fly fishermen on Saturday.