Giant Goose Ranch
Heartland Outdoors Forum | Lampe And The 10 Pounder?

Lampe And The 10 Pounder?
Posted: 03 March 2011 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2011-01-28

March is here and although winter went long, I am surprised not to hear Jeff ranting about the annual quest had by many for the elusive spring 10 pounders. If I recall correctly this has been an annual hot topic for quite some time now. I want to see some blogs and pics to get guys fired up, and motivate them to get out and fish. We have had 2 nice days in a row now and I’ve been stuck inside dying to get out. I need some of you hard charges that work second and thirds to hit the water and start bragging about big fish. The only satisfaction I get staring at a computer is to live out others successful adventures vicariously online. It’s March and the sun is shining for the love of God get out there and toss some jig-and-pigs, that big 10 pound pre-spawn bass is waiting for you! As for me I won’t be able to hit the water until next week some time inbetween writing research papers. Good Luck!

Posted: 18 May 2011 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2010-09-28

Did you see that one out of Devil’s Kitchen? That’s the only likely 10 I’ve seen or heard about this spring.

Posted: 19 May 2011 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-28

Not sure if it was the funky cold/warm weather or heavy rains but I know what you mean. The pic of the Devils Kitchen bass was in par with what I was looking for. A worthy specimen for sure!

Posted: 01 July 2011 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-05-14

It seems like there have been some lunker LMB caught in Illinois this spring.  Maybe there is a turn around on LMBs upon us.  I know of four LMBs caught in my neigborhood private lake all in the 5-8LB range this year.

Posted: 03 July 2011 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-28

My biggest this year so far was a 3lber out of a private pond on an Orvis deer hair frog. I was in Chicago visiting family and stumbled upon the Orvis store down town, it was like an oasis in a wasteland. I hate Chicago! Anyways, I get talking to one of the workers and he ends up selling me two, they move through the water perfectly. Other than that one, it’s been all dinks for me this year.

‹‹ Bass with worms?      Duck Island ››