Giant Goose Ranch
Heartland Outdoors Forum | 2018-2019 Season

2018-2019 Season
Posted: 07 January 2019 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2012-03-04

Well this season has flew by. Went into the season with good feed,  normal water levels, and optimistic outcomes.
Slow days seemed to be the norm for the most part. Then you get a few birds here and there. Not going to deny hit the deer stand a few times with the crazy weather.

We then experience some snow, Ice and cold temps with no push from up north. While still shooting a few birds, it seemed they would lock up give ya pass and that’s it. We did manage a few but overall I guess looked futher into more that never materialized.
With no snow anywhere here in NC IL and further North, Goose has been slow to. Especially trying to get out on a day OFF, and hoping for some type of weather event!! Not happening!!

We had a decent trip down to Pike’s Hunting CLub in Marion, Il. Shot some ducks and geese. 1 Goose was Banded, so that was a bonus.
Anyway, time to start getting ready for next season or a snow goose hunt!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Signature 

Committed Custom Calls-Try One Out!!

Posted: 12 January 2019 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2010-10-05

Hey Bergy.  I got out a grand total of two times.  In those two day, I picked up the shotgun once, but never took the safety off.  My dog retrieved most likely his last two ducks on Oct. 27th.  He may be able to handle early season hunts but, like me, we will see how mobile we are come next fall.