2 of 2
OUT OF STATE HUNTERS AND RICHEY RICH TAKING OVER
Posted: 16 December 2016 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1280
Joined  2010-10-13
riverrat47 - 16 December 2016 11:39 AM
WhitetailFreak - 14 December 2016 10:11 PM

Theres something special about being in a duckblind with good friends. Hot breakfeast, coffee, and tons of laughs and jokes…..

If deer hunting was a movie, it would be Jeremiah Johnson, hopefully without the Indian attacks.  Aloneness and solitude.
If waterfowling was a movie, it would be Animal House, without the drinking till after the hunt.  Camaraderie, joking and cooking in the blind/pit.

LMAO…..I agree riverrat

Posted: 21 December 2016 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2010-11-05

too the original poster, if you want to hunt on the cheap get 2 doe antelope tags ($100) and go to wyoming.  camp on BLM for free.  Biggest expense would be gas.

Posted: 21 December 2016 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2012-09-03

I know how you feel lost all my hunting places to outfitters or someone leasing my old places, some of these I had been hunting since I was 12 I am 50 now. I managed to work, work ,work, and save, save, save until I had enough money to buy a little place to hunt it is only 35 acres but I have made it deer habitat heaven and boy is it paying off. Killed 2 bucks this year 1 during bow season nice 8 and 1 during shotgun 9 point I do not shoot does anymore I learned that lesson along with the EHD outbreak. Its is hard but not impossible, half of my ground has some income, tillable it helps with the payment. Must say it was sweet driving by the boys from Texas who lease the 500 acres next to me with those deer on my hitch haul this year.  I honked at them when I went by.

Signature 

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.  Albert Einstein

Posted: 03 January 2017 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-02-19

Sounds like I need to make friends with a few of you on this chain who have access to hunting out west. Started about a month ago trying to plan out a Elk/Muley hunt for this year.

But on the topic of the thread, I felt the pain and have had several properties taken from me. But hunted public areas hard (my hunting buddy shot a 170 incher this year from scouting public) and was fortunate to have access to family land and purchase 20 acres of my own. Don’t think anyone on here ever thought hunting was an inexpensive hobby (I also waterfowl a bunch so my wife hates to see the bank statements during hunting season)

Posted: 10 January 2017 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-01-10

I am a NR from a neighboring state that has hunted IL for 20+ years.  I own a farm, plus lease a farm in a very good area that still has pretty good deer numbers and our little group thoroughly enjoys our time there.  We are not game hogs, between four of us we only killed two deer this year, four the prior year.  We’ve also made good friends of several of the neighbors.

Why does a state boundary make us bad guys?  We own ground that provides home for wildlife, pay taxes, spend our money in your state, pay a heck of a lot more for licenses than the residents, and are good stewards of the wildlife and land.  Heck, my IL hunting spot is geographically closer to me than many places in my home state.

Be careful what you wish for when you slam the out of state hunters.  You have opportunity to do the same in many other states.

2 of 2