crappie fish lake shebyville
Heartland Outdoors Forum | Huge Coyote problems.

Huge Coyote problems.
Posted: 11 November 2016 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2010-12-09

Is anyone else having Coyote problems?. I have had 3 deer killed on my land in 1 week by these devils. There is a huge pack( at least 5. I have seen,  probably more) living I think in my creek bottom or the neighbors crp . They seem very aggressive ,every night they come to our back yard to challenge our two German shepherds and I hear them growling and barking all night in the fields chasing deer.  I found 2 young deer , or what was left of them 2 days ago (looked to be fawns) and a 7 point buck this morning. I am afraid they are going to chase all the deer out of my area.  Does anyone know of any trappers that could help me out after deer season?.

Posted: 11 November 2016 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2015-10-23

Where are you located in knox?? I know a few trappers and i hunt coyotes myself.

Posted: 11 November 2016 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2010-11-05

I was hunting yesterday morning and had a doe race past my stand.  I thought there would be a buck chasing her but it turned out to be a coyote. 

I’ve had really good luck using a primo’s alpha dog caller.  I just set the caller to use an already defined call sequence.  I kill at least 1 yote every time I go out.

Posted: 11 November 2016 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2014-12-28

The coyote problem is bad here in Macoupin County too.  There have been a couple bow kills in the last couple days that the coyotes have gotten to the deer in less than a couple hours. This happened during the daytime.  Used to only see them at first light and right before dark, but now I am seeing them more often during the day. I can only imagine how many fawns these dogs are killing each year. Definitely time to start killing as many as possible

Posted: 14 November 2016 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2010-10-28

I saw anywhere from 1-3 coyotes each of the last 6 times I have sat in the deerstand.  For some reason they are everywhere.  I have never had coyotes like this before.  I live just outside of Canton, Fulton County.

Posted: 14 November 2016 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2014-07-17

No coyote issue where I live. They don’t live long when I see them.

Posted: 20 November 2016 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2014-11-07

I hunt just west of canton, a ton of coyotes and bobcats this year.  Seen a pack of 4 coyotes pretty regularly and have plenty of trail pics.  I also have a family of Bobcats that have taken up residence in our creek bottom.  I have seen 3 kittens and 3 adults.

Posted: 23 November 2016 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-06

We have noticed a consistent growth in the number of coyotes over the past 8 years, but the last 2 years we have seen almost a doubling in the number of sightings, cam pics and howling groups.  I believe it is a result of the 2 years (2013 & 2014) of EHD providing abundant food source and then a mild winter in 2015.  We started trapping them in fall/winter of 2015.  We are rookies to trapping and it was the end of the season before we had it figured out, ending up with 4 coyotes.  From what I’ve read, this can actually initially increase sightings as other coyotes will come in and try to establish territory with the taking of those coyotes, especially if they were the dominant ones in the area.  We intend to trap hard from now (that 1st gun season is over) through end of trapping season.

Posted: 23 November 2016 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-09

Meathuntr93 I am over by Snake den hollow. I have noticed over the last week the coyotes have gotten quiet. May be from the gun season?. All though there wasn’t much shooting around me. Who knows. I just know I need to thin some of these little B turds out.

Posted: 27 November 2016 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2010-10-28

Got one!

Image Attachments
IMG_3237.JPG

Posted: 27 November 2016 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-09

Good job giving that yodeler a dirt nap GREENHORNET.

Posted: 28 November 2016 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2015-10-23

Knox pm me if you wish too have someone come out and thin them out for you. My hunting buddy and i went out Saturday morning called in 4 shot 3. Theyre on the move!

‹‹ TRUMP WINS!!!!!      MUZZLELOADER ››