MORE NEWS

Heartland Outdoors Forum | Illinois Trappers convention

Illinois Trappers convention
Posted: 11 April 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2012-01-23

Hello everyone,
                  I would like to take this chance to invite everyone to the Illinois Trappers associations 50 anniversary convention to be held in Lincoln Illinois on October 5 & 6 at the Logan county fairgrounds. There will be a large list of demonstration’s preformed by some of the best trappers in the country a long with other events for the whole family. We will have a free fish fry Friday night, and special activities for the kids this year as well. There will be special raffle’s with all types of prizes from guns to gift cards,just a little something for everyone. There will be free camping this year,with only a $15.00 fee if you need electric,plus a a large list of supply dealers will be present to help outfit you for the coming trapping season. There will also be a band and a clogger group preforming for your entertainment as well. You only turn fifty once and this is a one in a lifetime event for the association,so please mark your calenders and make plans to attend this event. For more info please contact Mike Gragert 618-637-9061 for more details,thank…...RT

Posted: 11 April 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1049
Joined  2010-10-13

Ill def be there!!!Sound like a great time. My lil huntin buddy will be looking foward to it also:)

Posted: 11 April 2012 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2011-02-03

Well I hope to stop by but all depends on how youth deer season goes, its the same weekend.

Posted: 12 April 2012 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-23

I thought the youth season was in late October??? Maybe things have changed I don’t know, but I do know that with all the different deer seasons now it sure has made it harder on a trapper trying not to find himself in conflict with other outdoors men at times. We have the youth season plus a long bow season then the two firearm’s and muzzle loader seasons, and now several late antler-less seasons we use to never have. I think this is great for those wanting to get out and hunt, but it does make it real hard for a trapper not to find his tail in a conflict with others. I love to deer hunt as much as the next person, and I have spent tons of money and time enjoying the sport of deer hunting, so I don’t want folks thinking I am bashing deer hunters that is not the message I want to send. I think working together with other hunters is the key to making it all work, because having a trapper harvesting predator’s off some of the properties will only benefit wildlife numbers for other sportsmen. Sorry for the rant and I hope you can still make the convention, would love to see everyone there for a good time….....................RT

Posted: 14 April 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1049
Joined  2010-10-13

Trapper, Do you tan any of your hides yourself?I know its alot of work but really want too try doing afew this year…..

Posted: 15 April 2012 12:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-23

No I do not I send everything to Moyle they do such a great job it is hard to understand why someone would want to take on that job….LOL.. I know a lot of folks like to take the next step and tan their pelts, but for me that is time I could be trapping. I do think it is a way for some people to connect a little more to our past and history and there is nothing wrong with that. I do stretch and dry all my plets, but I have never took the next step after that…...............RT

Posted: 26 September 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-23

‹‹ coyote set up      Illinois Fur Auctions ››