Monday night bass tournaments
Heartland Outdoors Forum | Sick days that you cant use

Sick days that you cant use
Posted: 15 March 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2011-11-21

So i do have sick days but everyone in my office including my boss knows of my addiction to hunting and fishing. I would love to call in sick a couple times this week to get out on the water but my boss made the joke on monday… If Matt calls in sick this week we know what that means. I countered with ” Fishing fever is a legitimate illness” I wish they classified them as personal days and not sick days….anyone else in the same boat?

Posted: 15 March 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  900
Joined  2010-10-03

We have sick days and vaca days, but I can use my kids as my sick days.  If they have a “doctors appt” or something, I can use that time.

Signature 

It’s like a blind person trying to describe a kaleidoscope

Posted: 15 March 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  325
Joined  2010-11-30

My boss know’s about my addictions to huntin & fishin, plus he hunt’s a little and fishes alot so we are able to work things out. The people over us think I am about half nuts and a crossbred between a hillbilly and a redneck and being 6’3” 290 lbs they don’t want to get me mad as if I would do anything anyway, to close to retirement to take any chances now.

Posted: 15 March 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2011-11-21

Well my boss likes to reap the benefits of my fishing and hunting but doesnt get outdoors much. People think I am wacky bc i dont use my pto on christmas and thanksgiving. If i had kids i would totally be using them as a way to get off work and go fishing…

Posted: 15 March 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2011-12-20

I am thinking I have a serious sickness coming on right now myself!!!!!!

Signature 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
― John Burroughs

Posted: 15 March 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  2010-10-13

We bust butt early in the a.m, fill orders and we are out the door:)It help workin with 5 guys who love to hunt and fish…3 part-timers get to cover us when we leave early…

Posted: 15 March 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2010-09-30

I always get the boss that has one of the three addictions. He is either a fisherman, hunter or golfer…........my career goals include finding a boss that has a passion for all three.

Posted: 16 March 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2011-12-20

My boss really is cool when it come to days off…The only problem is I guess I was raised WRONG, because I feel obligateted to be at work when I am supposed to be?..rolleyes

Signature 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
― John Burroughs