Giant Goose Ranch
Heartland Outdoors Forum | Syndicate Hunting Show busted for Poaching
 
   
 
Syndicate Hunting Show busted for Poaching
Posted: 16 September 2015 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Jr. Member
RankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2010-11-05

Lets hope for some steep fines and jail time.  Sportsmen Channel and CarbonTV have already pulled their show from their network.


http://www.adn.com/article/20150914/hunting-show-stars-charged-poaching-alaska-preserve

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 September 2015 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Sr. Member
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  843
Joined  2010-10-15

I read about this too.  Hope these clowns get the max!

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 September 2015 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Moderator
Avatar
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1289
Joined  2010-10-13

Andy id bet they try too hang-em:)And they deserve it….

Profile
 
 
Posted: 16 September 2015 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Sr. Member
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  843
Joined  2010-10-15

We can only hope.  Can’t wait to see who gets caught next!

Profile
 
 
Posted: 17 September 2015 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Moderator
Avatar
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1289
Joined  2010-10-13

Andy, Its funny the lengths people goto too be in the spotlight or to get GOOD FOOTAGE. We have saw it firsthand on H.O.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 17 September 2015 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Sr. Member
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  843
Joined  2010-10-15

That’s for sure! Haven’t heard much about that lately.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 17 September 2015 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Moderator
Avatar
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1289
Joined  2010-10-13
Andy Meador - 17 September 2015 09:33 PM

That’s for sure! Haven’t heard much about that lately.

Theres a reason for that.lol

Profile
 
 
Posted: 18 September 2015 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Jr. Member
RankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2010-11-05
WhitetailFreak - 17 September 2015 09:49 PM
Andy Meador - 17 September 2015 09:33 PM

That’s for sure! Haven’t heard much about that lately.

Theres a reason for that.lol

That’s because the ghillie suit works so well at concealment.

grin

Profile
 
 
Posted: 18 September 2015 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Sr. Member
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  843
Joined  2010-10-15

Good one!

Profile
 
 
Posted: 18 September 2015 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Moderator
Avatar
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1289
Joined  2010-10-13

Buckbull, THAT WAS PRICELESS….....LOL

Profile
 
 
Posted: 23 September 2015 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Jr. Member
RankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2010-10-05

I’m not a fan of the modern hunting/fishing shows or videos.  The glorify the trophy too much for my taste.  Plus, they are 30 minute infomercials, for the most part.  Give me the old “American Sportsman,” with Curt Gowdy-friends and/or family outdoors, having a good time, joking around and killing a few animals. 
Now, having said that, I HATE to see any of these so called celebrities get caught with serious fish/game violations.  There are about 5-10% of the population that are hunters.  There are approximately the same percent that are rabid anti-hunters, who will never approve of our sport.  That leaves 80-90% who are basically neutral…or at least don’t have strong feelings either way, and may have very little or no interaction with the outdoors (ie: city people).  As we are somewhat a democracy and supposedly the majority rules, these 80-90% will eventually and ultimately decide if and how we will enjoy hunting in the future. 
When one of these ‘big stars’ of the hunting world gets in trouble, be it this guy or jeff foiles, it gets more press than if it were one of us.  Thus, the 80 percenter may well get the impression that this is just the way every hunter does things, cause them to lean more towards the anti’s.  Can we, as ethical hunters/fishermen, afford many these black eyes?  IMHO, a resounding NO!!! 
Unfortunately, those so called celebrities who have been caught blatantly violating are rarely banned for life by the courts, thus, it is up to the hunting community to drive them from our midst, should they try to make a comeback.

Profile
 
 
Posted: 27 September 2015 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Sr. Member
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  843
Joined  2010-10-15

Well said river rat.  Couldn’t agree more

Profile
 
 
Posted: 27 September 2015 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Sr. Member
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  843
Joined  2010-10-15

Anybody have an update on this?

Profile